Yamaha’s Standard model tenor trombone features many of the qualities of our top pro models, yet is available at a surprisingly affordable price. The response is quick, the intonation accurate, and the sound both rich and full. The outer slide is made of nickel silver on European models, and is brass in other territories. Durable, with a great sound and easy to play, this trombone is ideal for new musicians.
About Yamaha Standard Trombones
Yamaha Standard Trombones have laser-fused pluzuma-welded bells for continuous, even bell vibrations. The inner slide is drawn from chrome-plated nickel-silver for better durability and response. The outer slide is one piece drawn brass for accurate diameter and better resonance. Yamaha’s unique slide lock design safely locks the slide in place.
YSL-354 Model Options
Yamaha offers a number of variable options for select instruments.
- YSL-354S – Same as YSL-354; except silver-plated
- YSL-354V – Standard Valve Trombone; .500″ bore; 8″ yellow-brass bell with detachable balance weight; nickel-plated pistons; SLC-35V case also holds regular slide section; 48 mouthpiece
- YSL-354VC – Same as YSL-354V; except key of C
- Inner slide: The chrome-plated yellow brass drawn inner slide is very durable and has a quick, sensitive response.
- Outer slide: The one-piece drawn yellow brass outer slide maintains an accurate diameter throughout its length and this type of construction ensures, airtightness, smooth action, and exceptional durability and adds resonance to the sound.
- Inner slide stockings: Specially designed one-piece inner slide stockings guarantees airtight slide construction, offer smoother slide action and better alignment, even in the extended 6th and 7th positions.
- Tubular braces: Long-lasting nickel-silver tubular braces contribute to the stability of the slide and enhance smooth slide action.
- Balancer: The balancer found on the YSL-354 perfectly proportions the instrument’s weight.
- Pressure formed tubing: Perfectly rounded tubing results in less turbulence and a smoother air flow, thus allowing for an excellent scale and reduced resistance.
- Laser-fused pluzuma welded bell: A high-energy laser fuses the brass together for a virtually seamless bell which allows continuous even vibrations.
- Slide lock: The unique slide lock design on all Yamaha trombones keeps the slide locked in place and keeps it from accidentally falling.
- Weight distribution: Beginners are more comfortable playing the YSL-354 because its superb weight distribution makes it easier to hold.
- Bracing: The large, easy-to-hold nickel silver bracing guards against possible slide damage if the instrument is dropped and also lessens fatigue while playing.
- Mouthpipe: Yamaha trombones have mouthpipes featuring special acoustic designs allowing for precise intonation and greater blowing control.
- Level Standard Tenor
- Key of Bb; C (YSL-354VC)
- Bore M: 0.500″
- Bell Diameter 8″
- Shank Medium
- Leadpipe Gold Brass (YSL-354V)
- Body Material Yellow Brass
- Bell Material Yellow Brass; One-piece
- Weight Light
- Finish Clear Lacquer (YSL-354); Silver (YSL-354S)
- Inner Slide Chrome-plated nickel silver
- Outer Slide Brass; Drawn; One-piece
- Mouthpiece 48
- Features Balance weight
- Pistons/Rotors Nickel-plated Pistons (YSL-354V)
There are no reviews yet.