The Most Professional Intermediate Oboes Ever Made! Features a modified conservatory system for the advancing student. The YOB-441 is made of the finest quality aged and seasoned granadilla wood for a rich professional sound. This is the same material as used on our Custom models and has been carefully crafted in a similar manner. The size and placement of the toneholes is also the same, giving even and accurate intonation and making the 441 the most ‘Professional’ sounding intermediate model you will ever find.
About Yamaha Oboes
Yamaha Oboes are available in Standard, Intermediate and Custom levels. The Standard model features a durable ABS resin body with a simplified conservatory system. The Intermediate models offer a modified conservatory system available in both grenadilla or ABS resin body material. For the Custom models, only the finest select grenadilla is offered along with the full conservatory system.
YOB-441 Model Options
Yamaha offers a number of variable options for select instruments.
- YOB-441A – Intermediate Oboe; ABS resin body and bell; silver-plated nickel silver keys; modified conservatory system; left hand F; fork F resonance key; low B; OBC-430II case and OBB-430II cover
- YOB-441M – Same as YOB-441A; except grenadilla body and bell and upper joint with injection molded inner bore
- Newly designed, highly polished bore: The new bore design, which incorporates vertical integration is similar to that of the YOB-841 professional model. This results in improved projection and improved tonal quality.
- Handworked keys: Skilled artisans braze and adjust all keys on Yamaha oboes by hand to optimize the balance of each instrument.
- Newly designed undercut tone holes: Also similar to the YOB-841 professional model, the new tone hole design provides the player with a smooth even response and improved intonation.
- Nickel silver bell ring: The bell ring increases effective density of the bell for a quicker response and a more focused sound.
- Stainless steel French taper screws: As a result of using stainless steel, the screws will be more resistant to corrosion and will ensure a smooth, reliable action. The French taper design will allow for precise adjustment.
- Stainless steel needle springs: Durability, key balance and a more comfortable feel are all benefits of using stainless steel as the spring material.
- Available options: ABS Resin body and bell (YOB-441A); Injection molded inner bore in the upper joint using Yamaha Duet Plus technology (YOB-441M).
- Level: Intermediate
- Key of C
- Key System: Modified Conservatoire
- Bore Style: American
- Octave Keys: Semi-automatic
- Mechanical Features: Left-hand F key; Fork F resonance key
- Upper joint material: Granadilla
- Lower joint material: Granadilla
- Bell Material: Granadilla
- Plating: Silver
- Tone Holes: Undercut
- Thumb Rest: Fixed
- Trill Keys: C# – D# ; F# – G# ; A# – B ; Ab – Bb ; B – C# ; C – D
- Spring Type: Blue Steel
- Options: ABS Resin body and bell (YOB-441A); Injection molded inner bore in upper joint (YOB-441M)
There are no reviews yet.